concentrates his practice in energy and telecommunications law. Mr. Berman represents consumer-owned electric utilities serving rural areas of Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota.
Energy, telecommunications, cooperative association governance
Mr. Berman serves as general counsel for Dairyland Power Cooperative, and he represents other consumer-owned electric utilities in rural Wisconsin. He has also served as independent counsel in connection with investigations conducted by boards of similar organizations. Mr. Berman is the immediate past President of the national association of Generation and Transmission Cooperative lawyers. In the telecommunications field, Mr. Berman represents competitive telecommunications carriers in state regulatory and associated litigation in Wisconsin.
- Has practiced with the firm of Wheeler,
Van Sickle & Anderson, S.C., since 1975
to practice in the State of Wisconsin Courts,United States District Courts for
the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and the United States Court of
Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Member of
the State Bar of Wisconsin and American Bar Association
- Immediate past President of the national Generation & Transmission Lawyers Association
- Formerly served
on NRECA's national lawyers committee
- Past Chairman of the Board of the Wisconsin
State Bar's Energy and Telecommunications Section
- Designated one of the Best Lawyers in America in the field of
energy law for the past 15 years
- University of Wisconsin Law School,
- University of Cincinnati, B.A., Magna
cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, 1972
- past President of the Friends of Wisconsin Public Television
- past President and continuing Board member of Temple Beth El Madison
- past President and continuing Board member of Options in Community Living, Inc.